5/19/18 – “Misery Loves Company”
I awoke at 0600 to the sound of a gentle rain and proceed to get a joker-ish grin on my face. I thought, oh they are going to love me today.
Dungeon Master picked me up and we headed to the AO for an on-time arrival of 0645. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a couple other PAX who won the – early bird of the day – award (Ridgecrest & HollowPoint). It was raining and 54F – the PAX first post in the rain and one that will be remembered.
[0700 – Core Principles recited. Disclaimer given to 7 PAX] – Ridgecrest, Radio, SpongeBob, Dungeon Master, Roid Rage, Hollow Point, MAD COW (QIC)
20 Matt Biondi (IC)
21 Windmill (IC) – Didn’t inflect the voice on 20, still learning to count
20 Cherry Pickers w/Back Claps (IC)
20 Alternating Shoulder Taps (IC)
PAX were informed that we will be working in pairs or as a group throughout the workout routine – hence the title of “Misery Loves Company.”PAX started with a nice jog over to the hidden hill. Several POAS consisted of Tammy Wynettes. Tammy Wynettes were chosen because of her hit song “Stand By Your Man.”
Tammy Wynettes- PAX 1 does merkinsin sync with PAX 2 who does Bobby Hurleys. They do 10 reps. At multiples of 10, the partners switch out alternating to 100.
POAS consisted of:
– Merkins & Bobby Hurleys
– LBCs & Deep Squats
– Supermans & SSHs
Arrived at the hidden hill with a nice base of beatdown already established. PAX completely soaked due to the ground work in the POAS. Next exercise was selected for its name Burp Back Mountain (once again working together).
Burp Back Mountain – A punishing full body exercise on a nice-sized hill. The exercise is then performed by pairing up with one person proceeding to run backward up the hill/forward down the hill 3X while the other person is performing burpees. The individuals continue to alternate running with burpees until 100 total burpees are completed. When finished, the Sugar Rayscontinued to run the hill until entire PAX completed.
Thoroughly gassed, the PAX started to mosey back to the AO. Not done yet, time for more POAS consisting of group work:
– Caterpillar – PAX formed a line, down in plank position. Allow 2-3 feet between PAX. Last man box-jumps over the planking PAX to the head of the line, Indian Run style. Cycledthrough 3 times. NOTE: Mumble Chatter consisted of SpongeBob commenting that is man parts have disappeared and Radio having to plank with face in a muddy tire tracks. A good time was had by all.
– Partner Plank Curls – One partner gets in plank position. The other partner stands directly behind him and grabs planked partner’s ankles and does bicep curls. Make sure partner in plank position keeps legs together.
AO now within about 100 yards, PAX were informed to give it all they had and sprint to the finish.
Next up, a Bear Crawl Ring of Fire – will this post ever end?
Bear Crawl Ring of Fire – Circle up and begin bear crawling around in circle until Q says stop. Upon stopping, first PAX completes 10 merkins while other PAX plank, then next PAX in line completes 10 merkins while otherPAX plank. Keep going around until all PAX have completed the 10 merkins.
Mother of Mary
All group work consisting of exercises that allow the PAX to control the beatdown:
– Boat / Canoe
– Hands of Time
Circle of Trust
Count-o-Rama |Name-o-Rama| Prayers
– First F2 function is scheduled for next Thursday at 17:30 location TBA
– Two media contacts were made on Friday…hoping for two radio interviews
– ABH – always be headlocking…
– The first post in the rain and it was enjoyable.
– There was a nice smell of cow manure at the hidden hill. I find this very appropriate because I(MAD COW) had the Q. Wish I could say that I planned it.
– Mumble Chatter was at a premium today…with the Caterpillar and Partner Plank Curls bringing out the best in the PAX.
Next post on Wednesday May 23 at the Stairway to Heaven (Stairs at Belknap Park)