Preblast via Slack 8/11/19
Now since you know why you shouldn’t miss the workout tomorrow morning, I will tell you that I have the Q tomorrow morning at 5:30 at Johnson Park. The location is below. We will move along the trail with some pain stations mixed in. No coupons required. Can I get those HC’s?
60 degrees with no precipitation
Core principles recited. Disclaimer given to 3 PAX. Roid Rage, Forrest, and Less (QIC)
-15 second toe touches
-15 second standing groin stretch
-10 cherry pickers with a back clap in cadence
-10 high knees in cadence
-10 butt kicks in cadence
-25 Side Straddle Hops in cadence
-Moseyed along the trail
-Pain stations along the way
Bear crawl 40 yards
30 Jump Squats
Crab walk 40 yards
30 Lunges (1 each leg)
Crawl Bear 30 yards
Circle Squats-Just like circle merkins accept holding an Al Gore while not squatting. Each Pax does 5 squats. Went around the circle 4 times.
30 American Hammers in cadence
10 flutter kicks in cadence, 10 second leg lifts, 10 scissors in cadence
20 legs to sky in cadence
7 Reasons to Never Miss a Monday Workout
1. You’re more likely to work out the rest of the week. Exercising on Mondays can get the ball rolling for your workout routine.
2. You’ll smile more. Research shows that the average office worker doesn’t crack a smile until 11:16 a.m. But exercise could help you beat those Monday blues.
3. You’ll quell anxious thoughts. Dreading that mountain of paperwork gathering dust on your desk over the weekend? Studies show that aerobic exercise can lessen general anxiety. Plus, high-intensity exercise has been shown to reduce anxiety sensitivity, or the fear of anxiety that is often a precursor to panic attacks.
4. You’ll kickstart good self-control. Exercise releases GABA, a neurotransmitter that helps keep you in control of impulses and can quiet anxious brain activity.
5. You’ll catch better zzz’s. One study revealed that four months of consistent exercise helped chronic insomniacs sleep 45 minutes more per night.
6. You’ll boost brainpower. One study showed that strenuous exercise helped participants perform better on a memory test. Scheduling a sweat session before you put your nose to the grindstone could help you absorb new concepts faster
7. You might make more money. One study found an association between gym habits and higher pay. Employees who exercised regularly earned nine percent more than their couch potato peers.
More or Less,