Preblast via Slack 1/3/20
I have the Q tomorrow morning at the zoo, and this is my birthday Q. One might ask what I like for my birthday, and the answer would be all my favorite things of course. Thus, the name of this workout will be “All my favorite things.” Coupons are required. Please HC below, and let’s get after it!
30 degrees with no precipitation
Core principles recited. Disclaimer given to 14 PAX. Cuddle Buddy/FNG, Bald Eagle, Forrest, Mad Cow, Hasselhoff, Kraut, Snoop, BasicBro, Anastasia, Ralphie, Soft Spot, Gravy, Crosswalk, and Less (QIC)
-Toe Touch 10 count
-10 Cherry Pickers with a back clap in cadence
-10 slow merkins in cadence
-15 overhead claps in cadence into 10 forward arm circles in cadence
-There was a rectangular course set up with cones about 40 feet by 30 feet. The pax paired up and worked as two man teams.
-The one pax would work their way around the course while the other pax would stand at the start holding the coupon and then would trade.
-The pax working there way around the course would bear crawl to the first cone and do 12 burpees. They would then crab walk to the second cone and do 12 squats. They would then bear crawl to the third cone and do 12 merkins. They would then crab walk to the final cone and do motivators from 12 down to 1. Each time around the course the pax would reduce 1 rep.
-The pax that was waiting at the start would do the following:
1. Round 1 and 2 the pax would hold the coupon directly over their head until the other pax finished going around the course. When they could no longer hold it over head they would drop the coupon and do 5 burpees. They would then go back to holding the coupon over their head.
2. Round 3 and 4 the pax would hold the coupon in a half curl position until the other pax finished going around the course. When they could no longer hold it in the half curl position they would drop the coupon and do 5 burpees. They would then go back to holding the coupon in a half curl position.
3. Round 5 and 6 repeat number 1.
4. Round 7 and 8 repeat number 2.
5. Round 9 and 10 repeat number 1.
6. The pax ran out of time, and I believe the furthest any team made it was down to the 3 rep round.
-Soft Spot has the Q on tomorrow for the Sunday ruck.
-Ralphie has the Q on Monday at Johnson Park.
-There are still several openings for the January Q signups.
I have been doing this for almost a year now, and I have come a long way since I started. I am in a much better spot now than when I started, and I thank everyone for this. This is a great group and a great thing we have going here. My message for everyone is that wherever you end up in life and whatever life brings you, never stop exercising. It is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. We are all going to get older and we will have injuries and there will be a million other excuses that we could use. Just keep going and do what you can do.
More or Less,