AO: The Zoo
QIC: Soft Spot
PAX: 15 – Soft Spot, Mad Cow, Snoop, Kraut, Depends, Ketchup, Hank the Tank, Hoffa, Yard Sale, Forrest, Patsy, Basic Bro, Gravy, Less, cuddle Buddy
Pre-Blast: I have the Q at the Zoo! Who is ready for some Ladderz? HC here
Coupons are needed but can be done without for modifications
5 Core Principles:
- Free of charge
- Open to all men
- Held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold
- Led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion with no training or certification necessary
- End w/ a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: This is a free, volunteer, peer-led workout. I am not a professional. I have no knowledge of any injuries or fitness considerations. It is each person’s responsibility to be safe and modify exercises if you need to. The most important thing is that you don’t get hurt, and that you finish. Remember, the workout should be you vs you.
- SSH x 10
- 8ct Merkin with Plank Twist x 10 (Perform a Merkin, When returning to plank twist with Right hand reaching up, Perform another Merkin and Plank twist with the Left hand. Return to starting position. Thats 1)
- Tuck Jump x 10 (Lower to squat and explode tucking your legs to your chest)
- Circle of Goofballs x 15 ( PAX start performing a goofball, like climbing a ladder, and continue until a PAX calls down. Perform a Burpee and continue back into the goofball. Go through the circle until all PAX called Down.)
By this point there was mumble chatter about the goofballs and the intensity of the warmup.
THE THANG: Ladderz
For a change we walked with our coupons over to the other field towards the hill. This gave some recovery time after the warmup.
I have 5 Cones in place. Starting from 10 work your way to the 5th cone and then work your way back, 5th cone is 2x. Complete the exercise then run to the cone. Example, 10 reps then run to the first cone and back, 9 reps, then 2nd cone and back, 8 reps…
The first Ladder is the Upper. Complete all the exercises per the reps for that set before you run to the cone. 10,9,8,7…
- Merkin Pull Through (Each side counts as 1)
The Second Ladder is the Lower. Complete all the exercises per the reps for that set before you run to the cone. 10,9,8,7…
- Thruster Squat Lunge. ( This is a complex exercise. Have the coupon in front. Grab in the center and thrust above your head, bring the coupon down to your chest and go into a squat, After the squat immediately go into a reverse lunge, Left/right. That’s one. As you place the coupon back into the starting position you are ready for the thruster.
After these were completed we took a walk back to the AO.
We had enough time for one more Ladder. Core.
The Third Ladder is the Core. Hurricane Hoedown with a coupon.
- 4ct Flutter Kick Ladder performing 3 various flutter kicks. Sitting with Coupon Overhead, Reclined with Coupon straight out, Regular with coupon held straight up. Perform all 3 before rest. The ladder is from 7. After the first set, we rested about 10 seconds before we moved to 6,5,4… When we got to 1, We jumped it back up to 7
That’s a wrap
Circle of Trust (CoT)
Thanks for joining me today HIMs on the ladderz. Life has its ups and downs, sometimes easy, sometimes hard, but its’ important to keep at it.
— Soft Spot