AO: Hospital Hill
QIC: Bart Simpson
PAX: Madoff, Draper, Bobby Flay, Miss Daisy, Mad Cow, Less
Pre-Blast: Do yourself a favor and attend Keto’s VQ at Ideal. If circumstance brings you to Hospital Hill, I’ve got the Q tomorrow. Is the track icy? Yes, but that just means we’ll run further and more frequently. No coupons needed, rucks welcome.
Mission: Plant, Grow and Serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
5 Core Principles: Free of charge | Open to all men | Held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold | Led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion with no training or certification necessary | End w/ a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: This is a free, volunteer, peer-led workout. I am not a professional. I have no knowledge of any injuries or fitness considerations. It is each person’s responsibility to be safe and modify exercises if you need to. The most important thing is that you don’t get hurt, and that you finish. Remember, the workout should be you vs you.
- Wide Stance Hamstring Stretch, flapjack (IC)
- Wide Stance “let your head and arms dangle” (IC)
- Arm over Chest Stretch, flapjack (IC)
- Circle of Goofballs
- Follow Me to and around the “Library and Commons”
There was too much ice on track to do Q’s original plan, so initiate backup plan. Here is what we did:
- Start at Library and Commons (East), plank while THE THANG being described
- Fartlick around Library and Commons
- Turn on some tunes
- 30 burpees (OYO), run a lap (OYO)
- 40 Incline merkins (OYO), run a lap (OYO)
- 50 dips (OYO), then run a lap (OYO)
- 60 Derkins (OYO), then run a lap (OYO)
- Time elapsed quickly, so PAX had choice of completing next 5 minutes doing any mix of the following
- Finishing Derkins (OYO)
- Step-Up/Box jumps (OYO)
- Squats (OYO)
- Any of aforementioned THANGs
- Fartlick all together
The goal was to complete get through everything. While not all exercises completed, everyone broke a sweat. Layers were shed.
“Modest Mary’s” (or Wipers), 10 (IC)
Freddy Mercury, 15 (IC)
LBC, 20 (IC)
End of Workout
Circle of Trust (CoT)
- Prayer Requests
- Hasselhoff’s heart appointment today, pray for answers, healing
- Ball of Man (BOM)
- Momentous week coming up. 46th President and remembering a great man – Martin Luther King Jr. Reminder to be great men. “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on.” -LL Cool J (born this day, 1968)
I will not write on the chalkboard with permanent marker.