PAX stretched OYO while Q gave a short recap of the Veteran’s Memorial GoRuck TB in D.C. and then led PAX in a portion of the Welcome Party honoring active wartime branches of the military:
Army – 20 4-count Merkins
Air Force – 20 4-count Big Boy Situps
Navy – 20 4-count Flutter Kicks
Space Force – 10 Descending 4-counts
PAX partnered, with PAX 1 running a lap around the parking lot and PAX 2 completing exercise reps/sets. When returning to AO, PAX 1 took over exercises at the current rep/set count and PAX 2 ran a lap. Rinse/repeat.
– First Round was 20 sets of ascending rep-count Jack Webbs: 1 Merkin, then 4 Overhead Press (OHP) for first set. 2 Merkins, then 8 OHP for second set. 3 Merkins, 12 OHP for third set….each partner group completed 210 Merkins and 3,240 OHP.
– Second Round We were running short on time, so second round was modified down to two sets:
– Coupons and 60# Sandbag were set out for PAX 1 to shoulder, rifle, front or farmer carry around the parking lot.
– PAX 2 completed AMRAP Gas Pump: LBC to Hello Dolly, back to LBC and rinse/repeat until relieved by PAX 1.
– ABC’s – PAX on their 6, legs together and held 6″ above the ground. PAX then spelled out the ABC’s in cadence with their feet held together. Some did capital letters, others cursive…just don’t put your feet down!
– Hot Potato – PAX partnered up, on their 6 and facing each other in BBS position with their ankles locked together. Both Pax start on their backs, PAX 1 had a coupon on the ground above their head. Both PAX perform a situp, with PAX 1 bringing the coupon with them to the up position. PAX 1 then transfers coupon to PAX 2, and both go down to their backs with PAX 2 resting the coupon on the ground above their head. Rinse/repeat, transferring coupon on each up position. The Q joined one group for a Twice Baked Potato, locking ankles with the other two PAX and transferring the coupon between all three PAX.
-Welcome Regnar, who is Crotch Rocket’s son and on leave from the Army. Thank you for your service!
- There will be a single workout at Hospital Hill next week Thursday, on Thanksgiving Day, at 7am.
- To the Q’s abject horror, it was realized while writing this Backblast that he skipped the Marines during the Warm-o-Rama. Penance was paid.
Circle of Trust (CoT)
Q shared the story of his brother’s battle buddy, Jackie Diener, who at 20 years old served from January 2011 until November 21, 2011 when he died in battle in Kandahar, Afghanistan. We honor his sacrifice, and the sacrifice of so many other veterans, when we make our lives count for something more than ourselves.
~For 23 years I’ve been dying to tell you what I though of you! And now…well, being a Christian woman, I can’t say it!~