Backblasts

Backblast #902 Let’s Conquer The Hill

AO: The Zoo
Workout Date: 04/30/2022
QIC: Less
PAX: Mad Cow, Bald Eagle, Kraut, Kokomo, Hank The Tank, Deep Blue, Bart Simpson, Haligan (Charlotte), Soft Spot, Hasselhoff, Sprinkles, Gravy, Miss Daisy, Head And Shoulders, Chubbs, Toto, Anastasia
Pre-Blast: I have the Q tomorrow morning at The Zoo, and this one will be no surprise. The workout is below. This is a workout I have done before, which is part of my personal challenge. My goal is to be able to run all 7 times up the hill without stopping to walk. Who's in this with me? No worries if you feel you can't do this, just set an aggressive goal for yourself and push yourself to get to that goal and surpass it. Come with a great mindset and let's do this. No coupons. Please HC below. https://www.f3grandrapids.com/backblasts/2020-1-18-backblast-330-the-365-day-challenge/

5 Core Principles: Free of charge | Open to all men | Held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold | Led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion with no training or certification necessary | End w/ a Circle of Trust

Warm-O-Rama

-10 count stretch to the toes

-spread the legs 10 count stretch to the right, left, and middle

The Thang

-mosey to the hill

-The pax would run to the top of the hill at the electrical box and back down to bottom.  At the top they would do squats, and at the bottom they would do merkins.  The goal was to do 365 reps combined of squats and merkins.   The max reps the pax were allowed to do on each time up and down for squats and merkins combined was 60 reps.  They could split up the reps between squats and merkins however they wanted.  In order to complete the workout the pax would ultimately have to go up and down the hill 7 times.  If a pax completed the workout with time to go, they would just keep running up and down the hill.

-At 7:55 the pax did an Indian run and moseyed some to the basketball court for the COT

Announcements

-After a couple of years of doing a great job as Nantan Mad Cow has decided to step down and pass his duties on to Kraut.  Let’s all thank Mad Cow for his leadership over the past couple of years and welcome Kraut into the position as Nantan.  MadCow will of course still be active within F3 Grand Rapids.

Count-O-Rama

Name-O-Rama

COT

I had done this workout before and had only ran up the hill three times before I had to start walking part way, so my goal this time was to run all 7 times up the hill.  So, when we first got to the bottom of the hill we all circled up and set goals for number of times up the hill before we started walking, and the ask was that we all tried to push each other to our goals and beyond.  We did a great job of this. During the COT we all stated our goals and our results, and most either met or exceeded their goals.

I read a book recently called, “Can’t Hurt Me” by David Goggins.  A quote he used, which I like is “Fatigue makes cowards of us all.”  He has a rule called the 40% rule, which basically says that most people only hit 40% of their potential.  The other 60% is in our minds , and we need to break through and find a way to tap into that other 60% of our potential.  This is the only way to reach our full potential.  If you have a chance, I recommend reading this book.

More or Less,

Less