PAX arrived to the AO early to get stretched, only to find a 60lb sandbag and coupon on-site. Mumblechatter commenced regarding their purpose, PAX would not need to wait long to find out.
Sun Gods (aka Arm Circles)
Stretch OYO while Q explains his new favorite exercise ~ 60×60
Thang Part 1
One Pax on the 60lbs sandbag for 60 seconds doing the 60×60 (burpee with overhead throw AMRAP)
Remaining PAX completed an exercise set and Snoop counted reps for the 60×60 Pax. When Snoop completed the 60×60, PAX forgot to count for him. After a PAX completed the 60×60, a new PAX got on the sandbag for their 60×60 and remaining PAX started a new exercise. Every PAX cycled through the 60×60.
Exercises completed during the 60×60 were:
– Cheerleader (variation of SSH where the down is a skier squat with hands down below knees)
– Squat Potato (PAX in a tight circle, facing outward, holding Al Gore, passing a coupon around the circle)
– Twinkle Toes (Calf raise while holding Al Gore, OYO)
– Zebra Butt Kicks (While holding plank, raise one leg up to engage glute, bring leg back down then repeat with other leg)
– Windshield Wiper (On your 6 with tits up, legs together and straight up so your body forms a 90 degree angle. In a 10-count, lower legs left then right, going down to 6″ above the ground, then back to center.
– Crucible Merkin (Wide merkin with hands rotated 90 degrees out)
Thang Part 2
PAX moseyed to The Stairs. Snoop queried whether we should bring the sandbag and was encouraged to bring it along…Snoop declined. All PAX had to dodge a stray car rolling through the bike lane.
PAX shared the stairs with 2 friends, so Q had to modify original plan. PAX ascended stairs 1x and performed following exercises at the top:
– Cumberland County Viaduct (Hip raises from side plank)
– Jack Webb (Merkin then 4 Overhead Clap for 1 count, rinse/wash/repeat)
– Boxcutter (On your 6 with tits up, feet together. 4-count, raise feet up, spread feet, lower feet, feet together)
– Chicken Peckers (Plank with feet elevated on guardrail, then shoulder taps in cadence)
PAX completed one additional rep on the stairs in the middle of the exercise sets.
Thang Part 3
PAX moseyed back to the AO, where Gravy was offered the opportunity to choose his own adventure and pick the next exercise from a list of workouts read by the Q. Gravy selected:
– Global Warming (PAX form a circle facing inward and hold Al Gore while shuffling clockwise. Each PAX took turns calling out and leading an exercise, then the group would return to Al Gore and shuffle the opposite direction). LP called out Cheerleader, which induced much mubblechatter.
– Wave of Merkins (PAX line up shoulder to shoulder in plank and are instructed to complete increasing number of merkins. First PAX would call out “1” and complete 1 merkin. Next PAX would follow suite, and so on until the last PAX completed their merkin. Then first PAX calls out “2” and completes 2 merkins. Next Pax calls out “2” and completes 2 merkins and so on until the last PAX completes their merkins. Cycle continued until time expired.
- Convergence November 6th with F3Kalamazoo, a post requesting HC’s will be sent out soon.
Circle of Trust (CoT)
All PAX shared a challenge (aka opportunity) and something they were looking forward to this week. Snoop shared that his mother was undergoing heart surgery later this morning, PAX prayed over her surgery.
~How can you talk, if you haven’t got a brain??~