AO: The Zoo
PAX: Snoop, Bald Eagle, Ralphie, Cold Cuts, Less, Soft Spot
Pre-Blast: Good day gents. I am your Q at the Zoo tomorrow morning. HC for some regular exercises with a spicy twist, followed by inefficient means of locomotion. We will also observe social distancing. Coupons and gloves required to ride this train (headlamp helps too). We will need 5 cones per PAX, so if you have extras, please bring them with you. SYITG at 7am!
5 Core Principles: Free of charge | Open to all men | Held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold | Led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion with no training or certification necessary | End w/ a Circle of Trust
Disclaimer: This is a free, volunteer, peer-led workout. I am not a professional. I have no knowledge of any injuries or fitness considerations. It is each person’s responsibility to be safe and modify exercises if you need to. The most important thing is that you don’t get hurt, and that you finish. Remember, the workout should be you vs you.
Capri lap around the parking lot
4-count SSH x 15
4-count Seal Jacks x 15
Bottomed-out squat stretch. 1min
Standing hamstring stretch. 1min
1) Ladder from 10 to 1, of 4-count pulse squats, 4-count pulse merkin, and 4-count pulse LBC-to-BBS. Applying pulses (half reps under full load) at the bottom of the rep ensures a deep-seated spicy burn, and PAX confirmed with mumble chatter. PAX were encouraged to tap butt to coupon to ensure full squats, tap chest on the ground for full merkins, and keep tight on the LBC’s before completing the rep with full BBS. The idea was to keep target muscles under tension for extended periods
2) 4-count split lunge pulses. 20 reps per leg. Same idea as above
3) Setting the field for inefficient travelers. Each PAX had 5 cones. Starting at the baseline, with coupon shouldered, PAX were to perform walking lunges, placing a cone every 10th lunge, until all five cones were laid out evenly in a straight line
4) Field ready, and back at baseline, PAX were to squat walk (waddle at the absolute lowest squat position) with coupon to second cone, lateral bears-and-blocks (merkins encouraged for every coupon pull) to third cone, walking lunge to 4th cone, lateral bears-and-blocks with other arm to 5th cone, and jog back to start. Repeato AMRAP for 25 minutes. PAX were encouraged to go SLOW, to keep muscles under tension.
1) Instead of working over the abdominals, we got on our six, and performed a posterior-chain bridge, with feet on coupon. 45 seconds X2. PAX reminded to hyperfocus on activating hamstrings and glutes
2) Single leg hip extensions. 10 reps per leg
Circle of Trust (CoT)
Keeping with the slow theme of the day, PAX were encouraged to slow down life this week, and look for opportunities otherwise missed when we get into a fast-paced routine.
- F3-specific Announcements
- Ball of Man (BOM)
Bullwinkle, signing off